Digital Voter ID Card: Recently, the Election Commission Of India has celebrated National Voters’ Day and started rolling out digital voter ID cards. Those days are gone when you have to stand in the queue, apply for voter cards, and then wait for months to get your voter ID by post. Sometimes you have to visit the nearest regional office to get your digital voter ID card.
Hence, as elections are arriving, now interested voters can get their voter ID card within a couple of days. If you’re planning to get a voter ID card with fewer hassles, we highly recommend applying for the fresh voter ID within the next seven days. As per various official reports and statements, Ravi Shankar Prasad, current Indian Union Minister, has launched this program to boost voters’ numbers in the upcoming elections.
Nevertheless, Ravi Shankar Prasad even said this process would also be continued for the fresh applicants applying for a new voter ID card. Today, in this post, we’ll explain everything you should about this new process of getting a digital voter ID card.
A Short Overview Of e-EPIC
Previously EPIC was a special code used to store every minute detail of your voter ID card. e-EPIC is also the same, but the only thing is now the data will be stored via QR codes. A quick definition of EPIC is a portable document available in the PDF version that cannot be edited by anyone. The EPIC number is responsible for storing the serial number, your image, demographics, etc.
As you already know, e-EPIC will be available in a secure non-editable PDF version, which you can print or laminate on your own as per the requirements. With e-EPIC, whether you change your address ten times, you’ll never have a bunch of voter ID cards in your wallet.
With the help of e-EPIC, you can download your digital voter ID card on your smartphone and desktop. The recent change is you are free to store your digital voter ID card in the digital lockers.
Crucial Things Related To Digital Voter ID Card Mentioned On The National Voters’ Day
- As per the latest reports, elections getting held in West Bengal, Puducherry, Kerala, Assam, and Tamil Nadu will promote digital voter ID cards. Electors residing in these states no longer have to carry a physical voter ID card; having a digital voter ID is enough. Elections in these states are going to happen between April-May 2021.
- Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad has introduced this special summary revision 2021, where fresh applicants registered for a new voter ID card in November and December 2020 are the first to download digital voter ID cards. Apart from that, accessing digital voter ID for everyone will start onwards 1st February 2021. Most probably, eligible candidates might have started receiving messages on their registered phone number for downloading the digital voter ID card.
How Can Registered Mobile Number Users Download Their Digital Voter ID Card Online?
- If you don’t have an NVSP account, visit the official website by following this link, https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/ .
- As you reach this website, in the left side corner, you’ll get the option ‘Download e-EPIC.’
- Now, you can either enter your application number/form reference number or directly enter your EPIC (if generated).
- You’ll receive an OTP on your registered mobile number, verify it, and your digital voter ID card appears on the screen.
How Can Non-Registered Mobile Number Users Download Their Digital Voter ID Card Online?
- If the mobile number isn’t registered with your voter ID application, you need to follow the e-KYC process.
- Go to the same official portal, and you’ll find an option of e-KYC. You have to clear the liveliness verification, which hardly takes a couple of minutes. Now, you have to enter your personal mobile number and other details.
- Finally, a confirmation message will receive on your mobile number, and now you can download your digital voter ID card.
Also read: Kalia Yojana List 2021
How To Know Whether You’re Eligible For Downloading Your Voter ID Card?
The new e-EPIC process will be conducted in two phases, and people registering for new voter ID cards are super lucky. Applicants applying for a new voter ID between 25th January and 31st January 2021 can get their digital voter ID card just by verifying their registered mobile number. The only thing is your mobile number shouldn’t be attached with other voter ID cards.
The second phase of e-EPIC will commence from 1ST February 2021. In this phase, all the general voters can get their digital voter ID card by authenticating their registered mobile number.
So this is the final call; if you’re interested in getting a new voter ID card, submit your application before 31st January 2021. With the latest e-EPIC process, now getting a new voter ID card will become easy as a cakewalk. We hope now you have understood the entire process of getting a digital voter ID card.