Despite the fact that the word “self-presentation” sounds like something very complex and important, in fact it is a common acquaintance. When anyone meets a new person, usually both you and they make the same self-presentation, only in the case of work, it is focused on questions about any of your capabilities and skills related to work, while when meeting people in life, you talk about yourself as a person. In any case, self-presentation is very important, since a resume does not give a complete picture of your identity, which is very important for any employer.
Click here – What to know about a Zorb ball’s characteristics
Your entire career in this field can be affected by how you present your personality to your potential employer. The first impression that you make will have a huge impact on the decisions that your potential employer makes regarding your application and the salary that you receive. In order to be successful in this job, you need to make sure that you show that you’re the most suitable candidate for this current position. Besides being able to show off your skills and experience, you also need to make sure that your self-demonstration as a worker is good enough. But if you want to do a really good job, take care to make as good of a possible impression of yourself as you can. And if you are ready to make a self-presentation for the employer, but have not yet found a job, I advise you to visit the layboard.in website, which has many different vacancies for different people who are searching for a good job.
What should be said during a self-presentation?
Never forget – you can make a first impression only one time, and you must work hard on which way you make it. Preparation for self-presentation, as well as for replying to questions at an interview, should be started in advance, and think through all possible questions and answers without standing in front of the boss’s office. This is not the case when improvisation will play into your hands, quite the contrary. Rough, raw answers are more likely to turn you off than make a good first impression. You can also rehearse your replies out loud, record them, and listen. Perhaps this way you will hear what you need to correct in your speech, and also hear some flaws in what you say.
Click here – MT4 MultiTerminal as a Perfect Tool for Multi-Account Trading
In addition, do not forget that you can’t drag out the story about your advantages too much, and you need to keep within about half a minute. This is the length of time in which you can make the right impression, and the one who conducts the interview with you will not begin to lose interest in you. Also, you do not need to cram the text for self-presentation, if you have one. Your answer should be lively, but at the same time crisp and clear, and try to answer without hesitation. And also in no case do not lie, and do not embellish your abilities and knowledge. Even if you get a job, you may be given a task that you, due to lack of knowledge, cannot complete. Therefore, it is better to focus on what you can and want to do.
What should be my self-presentation at the interview?
To get started, be sure to find out everything you can about the chosen workplace itself. You need to look like an ideal employee, so you need to know how the company you have chosen sees the ideal employee. It must help you highlight the most important qualities for this employer from all your best qualities, so that your self-presentation has a better chance of success. The general outline of your response will be the same everywhere, but of course you will need to change some parts of your self-presentation in accordance with the requests of your employers.
How should you conduct your self-introduction:
- To get started, you need to tell HR, or boss, who you are, say your full name and the vacancy for which you are applying. Also, be sure to include some personal information, such as how old you are, if you have a family.
- Be sure to mention your education. In what educational institution did you study, perhaps name the faculty and specialty. And if you also have some other degrees in areas that are somehow related to your work, this will give you even more value as an employee. If you have participated in various training or advanced training seminars, or just for personal growth, if you speak several foreign languages and are good at working with computer programs necessary for work, for example, this is also worth mentioning in your self-presentation.
- Tell the employer about all your knowledge and skills that you possess enough to use in your work. For example, if you know several foreign languages, and you have to work with some foreign partners, or translate documents, then knowledge of languages will be an extremely useful skill.
- Tell the employer about the most important goals, both in work and in life. Naturally, it is more worth talking about goals in future work. It is also important to say that in a new job you see an opportunity not only to work, but also to develop your professional skills and develop the workplace with using your skills. Your goals mentioned on self-presentation should be centered around your work.
- Briefly tell about yourself as a person. Mention your strengths and how they help you in your work. Emphasize how they can help you in your new job.
- Share with the person who interviews you information about your hobbies, perhaps even those that can somehow be related to your work, if you have any.
- At the end, you need to correctly finish your speech. You can say something like “That’s all I can say about myself, thank you for your attention.”
Your self-presentation should be short, and contain only the important information that the employer needs in order to evaluate you as an employee and as an ordinary person.
Things you don’t want to talk about during a self-presentation
- Under no circumstances should you badmouth your previous employees and employer. Few people want to work with a person who, after being fired, will say such things about those with whom he worked.
- Don’t talk about your failures unless you can give an example of how you can work with your mistakes, learn from them, and fix them well.
- Don’t lie when presenting yourself. Remember that now you can find everything, and you don’t need harm to the employee’s reputation.
Be calm and confident, try not to be nervous as much as possible. If you twitch, the employer may suspect something is wrong. Speak confidently, calmly, without pomposity or overconfidence. It is better to find a good example from life that characterizes you as a strong personality, if you have any.